Application for certification
Each year, the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe (EPA) awards the certification "Cultural Route of the Council of Europe" to cultural route network applicants fulfilling the criteria set out in Council of Europe Committee of Ministers Resolution CM/Res(2013)67.
The letter should contain the following information:
- Name of the Cultural Route
- Legal body responsible for the management of the route, date of establishment and headquarters
- Number of members and countries involved in the network
- Route’s website
- Name and contact information of the route’s manager and president
Upon reception of the letter, the Secretariat will provide the candidate with the 2022-2023 certification form, instructions on how to submit the application and an invitation to a dedicated training seminar and an advisory meeting.
The Secretariat should like to remind all applicants that all communication should be in either English or French. Documents, emails or other correspondence in other non-official languages will not be taken into account or processed.
The evaluation file is composed of the following documents, which shall be submitted in English or in French by 31st July:
1. Certification form completed (Document 1);
2. Self-assessment grid completed (Document 2);
3. Declaration of Honour completed and signed (Document 3);
4. Updated legal statutes of the network;
5. Updated list of members of the network;
6. Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly meeting reports of the past three-years (if applicable);
7. Budget documents of the network (Current operational budget; financial information of the past three years; 3-year Budget forecast; Extra-budgetary funding);
8. 3-year Programme of activities forecast.
A digital copy of the complete application must be submitted electronically via a dedicated Council of Europe website. Instructions on how to access and upload the documents to the platform will be sent in due course.
The complete application as well as a printed hardcopy of all documentation shall be submitted by post in English or in French, by 31st July at the latest to the following postal address:
Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe (EPA)
c/o European Institute of Cultural Routes
Attn: Mr. Stefano DOMINIONI
Abbaye de Neumünster, 28 rue Münster
Please note that the deadline for submitting all documentation as per decision by the Governing Board of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe is 31st July 2022.
According to the Rules of Procedure of the EPA Governing Board, only complete applications will be considered. The Rules of Procedure also establish that “an application which has been denied certification by the Governing Board may be submitted again no earlier than 12 months following the date of the decision”.
It is advisable to verify that all criteria for certification are met by the candidate network and that the evaluation file is complete before its submission.
A sample of instructions and documents related to the application can be downloaded here.
For any questions or further information, please contact: [email protected]