1. You will need to set aside some time to write your Autobiography of Intercultural Encounters (AIE).
2. Download the AIE. You can either print it off and complete it by hand or type into the pdf and save it.
3. Choose one personal intercultural encounter that is in some way significant for you. The encounter may have negative or positive associations for you.
4. To get you started, you can use the Who I am section that you completed in the last activity in Module 1, but you might also like to change it in the light of the encounter you choose to write about.
5. Work your way through the questions, writing as much or as little as you like in answer to each one.
6. As you do so, note the effect of systematically reflecting on the encounter through a series of questions.
7. When you have finished, save and print out a copy.
8. Keep it readily accessible. You will be referring back to what you have written in your AIE in later modules in the course.
>> Download the Autobiography of Intercultural Encounters in English
Note: This standard version of the AIE and all other AIE documents can be downloaded from the Council of Europe's designated website. French, Italian, Polish and Russian versions are also available.