On February 23, 2022, from 11:00 till 16:00, a round table "“Efficient means of state and private interests protection in case of dissemination of unreliable information” will be held.
The event is organized by the Joint Project «EU and Council of Europe working together to support freedom of media in Ukraine», the Ukrainian Parliament Committee on human rights, de-occupation and reintegration of temporary occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions and AR of Crimea, city of Sevastopol, national minorities and interethnic relations, the CSO “Human Rights Platform” and the Center for Democracy and the Rule of Law.
Representatives of the media, civil society, government, international organizations and missions as well as lawyers and judges are invited to participate.
- Taras Tarasenko, Head of the Sub-committee on human rights of the Parliament Committee on human rights, de-occupation and reintegration of temporary occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions and AR of Crimea, city of Sevastopol, national minorities and interethnic relations;
- Taras Shevchenko, Deputy Minister of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine (tbc);
- Lyudmyla Rabchynska, Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation for the Development of Public Services (tbc);
- Steen Nørlov, Head of the Council of Europe Office in Ukraine;
- Helen Darbishire, Executive Director of Access Info Europe;
- Vita Volodovska, Executive Director of the NGO "Digital Security Laboratory";
- Viktor Barvitsky, Representative of the Commissioner for the Observance of the Right to Information and Representation in the Constitutional Court of Ukraine;
- Tetyana Oleksiyuk, Expert of Council of Europe on access to public information;
- Lyudmyla Opryshko, media lawyer of the NGO "Human Rights Platform".
Registration for the event is required until February, 22 inclusive at the link. Confirmation of participation will be sent by e-mail. Should you have any questions please contact us at: [email protected]
The project «EU and Council of Europe working together to support freedom of media in Ukraine», funded by the EU and CoE, aims to enhance the role of media, its freedom and safety.
Follow the news of the project on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CoEUPSIS/.