The Division of History teaching has worked in close partnership with the following institutions:
- University of Vienna (Austria), Department for Didactics of History, Social Studies and Civic Education
- Goerg Eckert Institute for International textbook Research
In 1965 the Institute, which has the largest international library of history and geography textbooks in Europe, accepted an invitation from the Council of Europe to act as a European clearing-house for the exchange of information on history and geography textbooks.
At the suggestion of the CDCC, the Committee of Ministers adopted, in 1988, a Recommendation on "Co-operation with the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research".
In 1996, the Parliamentary Assembly recommended that "support should be given to the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, and Ministries of Education and educational publishers in member states should be asked to ensure that the institute's collection of textbooks be kept up-to-date".
The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research has been one of our earlier and most faithful partners.
- EUROCLIO (the European Standing Conference of History Teachers Associations)
The European Standing Conference of History Teachers Associations (Euroclio) was founded after the Bruges Seminar on "History Teaching in the New Europe".
In 1996, in a Recommandation, the Parliamentary Assembly asked that "government support should be given to the setting up of independent national associations of history teachers. Their active involvement in the European history teachers' association Euroclio should be encouraged".
- Association for Historical Dialogue and Research (Cyprus)
Main partner of the Council of Europe for the implementation of its programme in Cyprus, the Association is a non-governmental organisation in Cyprus which brings together history educators from all communities.
- the European Educational Publishers’ Group
- Kultur Kontakt
- Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organisation (ALECSO)
- Anna-Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for Dialogue between Cultures
- Center for the Study of Balkan Societies and Cultures
- European Cultural Foundation
- International Students of History Association
Some interesting links
Council of Europe sites with interesting material
- Education resource from the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance
- Resources developed by the Division for Citizenship and Human Rights Education
Other interesting websites
NB the links given here are for information. The websites do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the Council of Europe.
- Association Thucydide
A website dedicated to history, that organises History-Cafés in Paris on a regular basis. These meetings are very successful, and often tackle subjects like reciprocal images in history. An illustration of these "new history teaching forms".