The Intercultural Cities programme is implementing a project on: “Building structures for intercultural integration in Cyprus” from 2 June 2021 to 1 June 2023. In that context, it is looking for the provision of consultation and regional intercultural co-ordination services for the Limassol District.
The “Building structures for intercultural integration in Cyprus” project aims to support the Republic of Cyprus in implementing its National Action Plan on the Integration of Third-Country Nationals 2020-2022, by empowering local authorities, NGOs, and migrant organisations to be part of the integration process.
The project will use the Intercultural Cities tools to address the challenges of migrant integration, in particular related to building trust, fostering community cohesion and managing diversity as a resource.
The regional coordinator for the Limassol District will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and organising meetings and consultations of the regional network and the participation of representatives of the regional network in project-wide events and activities (information provision, coordination);
- Preparing reports of the meetings of the regional networks (in English)
- Liaising with the national coordinator and the Council of Europe team for the preparation of the agendas and meeting documents;
- Preparation of a regional integration strategy and its adoption by the regional network;
- Advocating for political support for, and the involvement of all relevant stakeholders in the regional network;
- Support for the promotion and visibility of the project and the network;
- Identifying local venues for holding meetings of the regional network;
- Supporting the experts working on a tool to measure social cohesion with contacts in their region.
More information and the application form can be found in the tender files below.
Please note that tenders must be sent to the Council of Europe electronically.
Electronic copies shall be sent only to [email protected] with reference no. 2022AO73 in the subject
field. Tenders submitted to another e-mail account will be excluded from the procedure.
Deadline to apply is 5 December 2022 (midnight CEST)
The “Building structures for intercultural integration in Cyprus” project is being carried out with funding from the European Union, via its Structural Reform Support Programme, and in co-operation with the European Commission's DG Structural Reform Support.