On 16 and 17 September 2019, the third seminar of the community of judges and registrars of international administrative tribunals and courts competent to adjudicate disputes related to staff, was held at the EPLO (European Public Law Organization) headquarters in Athens.
Various topics were discussed during this seminar:
- The right of access to justice and the standing before the International Administrative Tribunals (“Receivability ratione personae”);
- Intervention by non-party persons and the Amicus Curiae Brief;
- The legal nature of the review of the application before International Administrative Tribunals. Always a judicial review or a likely merit-based review by the Administrative Tribunals in some disputes? (e.g. disciplinary cases);
- Steps to increase co-operation between tribunals (network, joint e-library, training?);
- Relevant jurisprudence of last year in different tribunals (such as re: acquired rights, abolition of posts and restructuring exercises within the international organisations, etc);
- Immunity of international organisations in the light of Jam v International Finance Corp;
- Code of ethics.