The European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR) invites trade unions, employers’ organisations, non-governmental organisations, national human rights institutions and national equality bodies to submit comments on national reports under the reporting procedure to the ECSR relating to the provisions belonging to the thematic group 2 on health, social security and social protection by 30 June 2021.
Group 2 covers the following articles:
- Article 3 (the right to safe and healthy working conditions),
- Article 11 (the right to protection of health),
- Article 12 (the right to social security),
- Article 13 (the right to social and medical assistance),
- Article 14 (the right to benefit from social welfare services),
- Article 23 or Article 4 of the of the Additional Protocol (the right of elderly persons to social protection), and
- Article 30 (the right to protection against poverty and social exclusion).
When considering whether to submit comments on national reports, organisations must verify which version of the European Social Charter has been ‘ratified’ by the State Party in question and which provision(s) of the Charter the State Party has accepted (see below).
For the second consecutive year, the European Committee of Social Rights, wishing to focus its monitoring and to alleviate the reporting burden of States, invited States Parties to limit their national reports to replies to specific and targeted questions for each of the above-mentioned articles of the Charter, without prejudice to responding to issues still pending from previous reporting cycles. The objective is to render the reporting procedure under the European Social Charter more effective and targeted.
State reports can be found on the European Social Charter web site under country profiles.
Comments on national reports can be submitted to the Secretariat of the European Social Charter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail at the following address:
Department of the European Social Charter
Directorate General Human Rights and Rule of Law
Council of Europe
1 quai Jacoutot, F-67075
Strasbourg Cedex, France