Strasbourg, 8 April 2013
EUROPEAN COMMISSION FOR THE EFFICIENCY OF JUSTICE
COMMISSION EUROPEENNE POUR L’EFFICACITE DE LA JUSTICE
Court Coaching Programme – SATURN tools for judicial time management
- Mr Giacomo OBERTO, Judge at the Court of Turin (Italy), member of the CEPEJ Steering group of the SATURN Centre for judicial time management
- Ms Lenka PRAŽENKOVÁ, Vice-President of the Bratislava Regional Court, Judge at the commercial division
- Mr Marián TRENCAN, Judge of the administrative division, Chairman of the Council of Judges at the Bratislava Regional Court
- Ms Mária ŠRAMKOVÁ, Judge, President of the Civil Panel
- Ms Michala BAŠTICOVÁ, Higher Judicial Clerk.
1. Welcome and discussion of the agenda of the day
2. Presentation of the Bratislava Regional Court
3. Presentation of the SATURN Guidelines for Judicial Time Management (Mr Giacomo OBERTO):
i. Background information/origin
ii. Elaboration and adoption of the Guidelines / work in progress
iii. Objectives / how to use the Guidelines
4. Overview of 15 selected Guidelines – SATURN priorities for judicial time management (Mr Giacomo OBERTO)
5. Analysis of the specific situation of the Bratislava Regional Court: typical length of proceedings, types of cases, workload of the judges and clerks; case management and compliance with the provisions of Art. 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights); other relevant issues.
6. Identification of priorities and steps to undertake; recommendations.
For further information, please contact:
At the Bratislava Regional Court:
Ms Michala BAŠTICOVÁ
At the Council of Europe:
Ms Maria ORESHKINA