Last updated: 11/10/2023
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work or to improve the efficiency and functionality of websites. Cookies can serve various purposes, including helping you navigate between pages, remembering your preferences, and analyzing how you interact with a website.
Types of Cookies We Use
We use three types of cookies on our website:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the basic functioning of our website. They enable you to navigate our site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas or making online transactions. Without these cookies, our website may not function properly, and we may not be able to provide certain services.
- Liferay session cookie will be stored on your device for 12 months.
- Cookie support cookie will be stored on your device for 12 months.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enhance your experience on our website. They allow us to remember your preferences, such as your language or region, and customize your experience accordingly. Functional cookies also help us provide you with improved features and personalization.
- Council of Europe preferred language cookie will be stored on your device for 12 months.
- Analytics Cookies (With Consent): Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. These cookies help us understand which pages are visited most frequently, how users navigate our site, and where we can make improvements. We only collect data anonymously. It does not identify you personally. We only use analytics cookies if you provide your consent.
- Piwik/Matomo returning visitor cookies will be stored on your device for up to 13 months.
- Piwik/Matomo session cookies will be stored on your device for 30 minutes.
Managing Cookies and Consent
You can provide or withdraw consent for analytics cookies at any time and change your privacy settings here.
You can also manage your cookie preferences by adjusting the settings in your web browser. You can usually find these settings in the "Options" or "Preferences" menu of your browser. Please note that blocking or deleting cookies may impact your experience on our website, and some features may not work correctly.
Examples of third-party providers that may be found on Council of Europe websites:
Changes to This Policy