Secretary General Marija Pejčinović Burić is paying an official visit to Brussels from Monday 27 February to Wednesday 1 March.
During the visit, the Secretary General will take part in high-level meetings with:
- The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen;
- The High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission for a Stronger Europe in the World , Josep Borrell Fontelles;
- The European Commission Vice-President for Values and Transparency, Věra Jourová;
- The European Commissioner for Justice, Didier Reynders;
- The European Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement, Olivér Várhelyi.
The Secretary General and the Commissioner Várhelyi will inaugurate two major co-operation programmes between the European Union and the Council of Europe for the promotion of rule of law and fundamental rights, namely the Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Türkiye III 2023-2026 and the Partnership for Good Governance III 2023-2027.
Secretary General Pejčinović Burić will also take part in a high-level debate entitled “Why did we create Europe, as we know it today, in the first place?”, together with Executive European Commission Vice-President for A Europe Fit for the Digital Age and Commissioner for Competition Margrethe Vestager and representative of the Belarusian democratic opposition Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, to mark the 40th anniversary of the Centre for European Policy Studies.