Roma Youth Conference 2011
In September 2011, as a follow-up to the Strasbourg Declaration, the Youth Department invited more than 60 Roma youth leaders to a conference in Strasbourg to discuss a ‘Roma youth action plan’.
The Conference was organised in close co-operation with European Roma youth networks and other stakeholders and was a response to the realisation that the concerns of young Roma were insufficiently addressed in policies concerning Roma.
The participants in the conference exchanged experiences and built upon previous results for a common identification of current challenges for Roma young people and priorities for European youth work and youth policy.
- Roma Youth Conference video:
- Report of the Roma Youth Conference
- Guidelines for Roma Youth Action plan : English, Romani
- List of participants in the Conference
- Message of support from the Council of Europe Human Rights Commissioner, Thomas HAMMARBERG
- Presentation of the Roma Youth Conference
- Programme of the Roma Youth Conference
- Podcast on the Roma Youth Conference
- Podcast "Roma youth conference - Momentum for change"