Projets spécifiques en Hongrie
New project: Local Government Public Finance Development and Municipal Capacity Building In Hungary
What is the goal?
The project aims to support strengthening the administrative and financial capacity of the municipalities in Hungary, by assisting the Hungarian authorities to:
- Improve the institutional framework related to the good democratic governance of municipalities;
- Improve awareness, knowledge and skills of relevant authorities on good democratic governance.
How will the project contribute?
In particular, the project will contribute through:
- Provision of Peer Review and Policy Advice containing concrete recommendations to the Hungarian authorities on:
- Fiscal decentralisation;
- Institutional and fiscal framework at local level.
- Design of the information system component related to financial data of local governments within the Local Government Data Platform, in order to provide access to a comprehensive and structured set of data and allow their analysis, including benchmarks and performance indicators.
- Supporting the local and regional authorities in improving the delivery of public services to their citizens, by implementing the following capacity-building tools of the Centre of Expertise for Good Governance:
- Local Finance Benchmarking for local authorities, Public Ethics Benchmarking and Performance Management, Risk Management and Internal Audit - to develop national benchmarks for standard municipal services and local finances, and enable the best use of available resources at local level;
- European Label of Governance Excellence (ELoGE) - to increase knowledge of the selected municipalities on the 12 Principles of Good Democratic Governance;
- Leadership Academy Programme – to build institutional leadership skills within the local authorities.
Who benefits from the project?
- The Hungarian National Association of Local Authorities;
- Hungarian municipalities, their staff and institutional structures;
- Public authorities such as the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Human Resources, the Ministry of Innovation and Technology and the National State Treasury;
- Other stakeholders: relevant organisations or institutions in Hungary that have particular expertise and experience in the topics of the project and access to a relevant network of national experts;
- Hungarian citizens and society at large.
How will the project work?
The Council of Europe’s Centre of Expertise for Good Governance will steer the direction and dynamics for implementation of the project in coordination with the main beneficiary – Hungarian National Association of Local Authorities, the main donor - DG REFORM of the European Commission, Hungarian implementing partner institutions as well as other relevant stakeholders.
The Centre of Expertise will also ensure the overall implementation of the project in cooperation with the national implementing partners. In particular:
- The Centre of Expertise will provide the international expertise in the project activities and ensure alignment of the work carried out with the relevant European standards. It will also share the best European practice in local governance drawn from the inter-governmental European Committee on Democracy and Governance.
- The Hungarian implementing partners will ensure the local expertise necessary for contextualising the recommendations and capacity-building tools. They will also take care of logistical arrangements, when needed.
Budget and duration
- The project is co-funded by DG REFORM and the Council of Europe and implemented by the Council of Europe’s Centre of Expertise for Good Governance
- The total budget of the project is € 666 667 EUR
- The project will run from 1 September 2022 to 31 August 2024
Activité principale :
- Programme de pratiques d’excellence (BPP)
Un cycle ordinaire de Programme de pratiques d’excellence a été mis en œuvre par l’Union des collectivités locales.
Hungary: supporting innovation and good practice in local government
Lancement du nouveau projet "Développement des finances publiques des gouvernements locaux et renforcement des capacités municipales en Hongrie"
Best Practice and Governance Excellence in Hungarian local authorities
Budapest Conference: Council of Europe instruments and tools to support cross-border cooperation
Hongrie: Partager et récompenser les meilleures pratiques pour répondre à COVID-19 au niveau local
Leadership Academy for Cross Border Cooperation: Hungary-Ukraine