Japan has a comprehensive plan called ”Basic Plan on Measures against Child Sexual Exploitation” with 88 measures under six pillars, namely:
- Enhancement of public awareness for the eradication of child sexual exploitation, development of social awareness, and the strengthening of collaboration with international society;
- Support for children and families to ensure the sound growth of children without victimization by sexual exploitation;
- Promotion of measures to prevent the occurrence and spread of victimization that focuseson tools used for child sexual exploitation;
- Prompt protection of child victims and the promotion of appropriate support;
- Strengthening of crackdowns based on the situation of victimization and the rehabilitation of offenders;
- Strengthening of the foundation for realizing a society where children will never become victims of sexual exploitation.