ISIS Carducci Volta Pacinotti
Resilience and lifestyles
Working language during the project:
Themes of the Council of Europe campaign “FREE to SPEAK, SAFE to LEARN - Democratic Schools for All” covered:
- Making children’s and students’ voices heard
- Improving well-being at school
Competences from the Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture (CDC) addressed and where / how they were integrated:
- Knowledge and critical understanding of the world: politics, law, human rights, culture, cultures, religions, history, media, economies, environment, sustainability
Pointing out the choices of the past that influenced the present and future lifestyles
- Openness to cultural otherness and to other beliefs, world views and practices
Through an outdoor training where students had the chance to express themselves freely
Target group age range:
Level of education:
- Upper secondary education
Short description of the project:
Both our school, ITI Pacinotti in Piombino and ITI Avogadro in Abbadia S.S., were set up to answer the need of specialised technicians to be employed in local industry.
- To teach students how to face difficulties and transform environmental and social issues into opportunities instead of accepting the social and economic contextwith a passive attitude.
- Students’ awareness of their life skills.
- Changes will take place step by step in the future.
Challenges you faced
Time-frame of the project:
- 3 years
Council of Europe materials on citizenship and human rights education used while preparing or implementing your practice: