The European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR) has published its Conclusions 2020 on the provisions of the European Social Charter relating to employment, training and equal opportunities:
- the right to work (Article 1);
- the right to vocational guidance (Article 9);
- the right to vocational training (Article 10);
- the right of persons with disabilities to independence, social integration and participation in the life of the community (Article 15);
- the right to engage in a gainful occupation in the territory of other States Parties (Article 18);
- the right to equal opportunities and equal treatment in matters of employment and occupation without discrimination on the grounds of sex (Article 20);
- the right to protection in cases of termination of employment (Article 24);
- the right of workers to the protection of their claims in the event of the insolvency of their employer (Article 25).
In the framework of the reporting procedure, the Committee adopted 349 conclusions in respect of 33 States, including 152 conclusions of non-conformity and 97 conclusions of conformity. In 100 cases, the Committee was unable to assess the situation due to lack of information (“deferrals”).
The following 33 countries were examined:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, the Netherlands, the Netherlands in respect of Curacao, the Netherlands in respect of Sint Maarten, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, the Russian Federation, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
Furthermore, the Committee made public its Findings 2020 in respect of Belgium, Bulgaria, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Portugal concerning follow-up to decisions (in the framework of collective complaints).
European Committee of Social Rights’ Conclusions 2020 on employment, training and equal opportunities
Press briefing elements – Findings 2020