Training course on the Management and Development of Roma Youth Organisations
Within the framework of the Roma Youth Action Plan, the Youth Department is running in 2013 and 2014 a training course on management of development of Roma youth organisation for youth leaders working within a youth organisation/institution carrying projects with young Roma or an informal youth group that wish to further develop into an organisation.
The training course aims to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of Roma youth organisations in representing and voicing the concerns and needs of Roma young people and in working with Roma young people.
- To develop participants’ understanding of the role of youth organisations in voicing the concerns and needs of Roma young people and their communities;
- To develop participants’ organisational management competences (starting up Roma youth organisations, managing them, leadership, decision making, conflict management, advocacy, motivation, empowerment, strategic planning, resource management etc.);
- To develop participants’ skills in developing projects within their organisations based on youth participation;
- To develop participants’ competences in democratic leadership of youth organisations and democratic youth work practices;
- To develop the participants’ ability to network with other organisations and institutions in order to develop responses to the situations affecting Roma young people at policy levels;
- To associate participants to the implementation and development of the Roma Youth Action Plan.
The training course involved 28 participants from 16 countries. A team of 3 trainers, supported by 2 educational advisors of the Council of Europe, is responsible for the implementation of the course.