Access to social rights
The specific objective is to build on existing programmes and schemes so as to achieve active Roma youth participation, as partners, in decision-making processes in order to mainstream Roma issues in youth policies, and youth issues in Roma policies and programmes.
The expected outcomes particularly relevant to this objective are:
- youth issues are mainstreamed into Roma policies and Roma youth issues are mainstreamed into youth policies;
- participation of young Roma and Roma youth organisations as equal partners at the decision-making table is ensured;
- capacity building with regard to policy making and knowledge of youth policies that respond to the needs of Roma youth and Roma youth organisations is ensured.
- youth organisations and structures develop local strategies and activities in addressing situations of social exclusion of young Roma people at community level
- shaping local and national level policies and programmes to adequately address young people’s autonomy and improve the transition from education to working life of young Roma people