The Euro-Arab co-operation is developed within a framework of purpose and values which includes:
- A commitment to a culture of universal human rights, to equality in dignity, equality of opportunities, and to the principles of non-discrimination;
- The recognition of the role of youth policies in promoting the autonomy, participation and social inclusion of all young people;
- Intercultural dialogue as the basis for respecting and integrating diversity as well as intercultural learning as a basic educational approach of international youth activities;
- The participation of young people and youth organisations as fundamental partners and stakeholders in youth policies and programmes;
- A shared responsibility to develop Arab-European youth co-operation as a way to overcome prejudice and mutual suspicion, to increase youth projects and co-operation as well as to address common challenges.