Aims and objectives
Aim of the project
The Youth Peace Ambassadors project promotes and supports the role of young people in peace-building activities that contribute to living together in dignity and dialogue through a network of specifically trained young people who strengthen the presence and promote the values of the Council of Europe in conflict-affected areas and communities.
Objectives of the project
The main objectives of this project are:
- To promote the presence and the role of young people as positive actors of change in peace-building processes;
- To strengthen the role of young people in identifying and speaking up against human rights violations, including discrimination, hate speech and those human rights violations affecting especially young people and children;
- To support the field presence and activities of the Council of Europe by fostering cooperation with key stakeholders, partners, non-governmental organisations working in the field of peace-building in order to promote the values of the Council of Europe;
- To develop the impact and the expertise of the Council of Europe’s youth sector in conflict affected areas through non-formal education activities with young people;
- To develop the competences of 50 youth peace ambassadors in human rights promotion and protection, conflict transformation, peace-building and intercultural dialogue, as well as other specific competences according to the participants’ needs, related to their role as future ambassadors;
- To support and give visibility to at least 50 local youth-led projects for peace-building in conflict-affected areas and communities;
- To enhance the youth ambassadors capacity to take action at a local level in environments affected by previous or ongoing conflicts;
- To advance youth policy’s role in peace-building and conflict transformation;
- To create and support a European network of youth peace ambassadors to secure the sustainability and medium-term impact of the project.