A Workshop on "The European Social Charter and European Pillar of Social Rights" took place on 8 December 2016 in Strasbourg.
This event was organised in the framework of the 289th Session of the European Committee of Social Rights, in honour of Lauri Leppik, Colm O'Cinneide and Elena Machulskaya on the occasion of their last session as members of the Committee.
Following the opening by Giuseppe Palmisano, President of the European Committee of Social Rights, Rudi Delarue and Ruth Seitz, representing the European Commission (DG EMPL), and Giovanni Guiglia, General Coordinator of the Academic Network on the European Social Charter, focused on the links between the Charter and the Pillar.
Debates were moderated by Régis Brillat, Executive Secretary of the European Committee of Social Rights and Head of the European Social Charter Department.
- Turin II: Official speeches and interventions of the Interparliamentary Conference on the European Social Charter and the Turin Forum on Social Rights in Europe, 17-18.03.2016
- Brussel's document: Conference on the future of the protection of social rights in Europe, 12-13 February 2015
- Turin I: General Report of the High-level Conference on the European Social Charter, 17-18 October 2014
- Launching a consultation on a European Pillar of Social Rights
- First preliminary outline of a European Pillar of Social Rights