Governing Board and Bureau of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Sport (EPAS)
The Governing Board comprises one representative appointed by the government of each of the EPAS member states.
Its Bureau is elected by the members of the Governing Board. It comprises a chair, one vice-chair, five other members, and two representatives of the Consultative Committee (currently Play the Game and FIAS) without the right to vote. Its term of office is for two years, renewable only once. The last elections took place in June 2019, and the current Bureau is composed of delegates from the following states:
- Madeleine Delaperrière (France), Chair
- Alexandre Husting (Luxembourg), Vice-Chair
- Alexey Morozov (Russian Federation), Region 1
- François Tricarico (Belgium), Region 2
- Marija Crnković (Croatia), Region 3
- Viktoria Racheva-Slavkova (Bulgaria), Region 4
- Zoran Verovnik (Slovenia), Host state of next Conference of Ministers
The Governing Board:
- is responsible for the general implementation of the tasks conferred upon EPAS;
- adopts the draft EPAS annual programme of activities, in conformity with the Financial Regulations of the Council of Europe;
- submits proposals to the Secretary General of the Council of Europe for the draft annual budget, prior to its transmission to the Statutory Committee;
- decides on pilot projects consistent with the Council of Europe’s political priorities, and draws up the relevant budgets;
- monitors the implementation of the programme of activities and the management of EPAS funds;
- adopts and transmits an annual activity report to the Committee of Ministers.
How it works
The Governing Board:
- meets once a year at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg. Depending on the items on its agenda, it may invite representatives of the relevant Council of Europe bodies to attend its meetings, without voting rights;
- adopts its decisions by a two-thirds majority of the votes cast, with each member having one vote. All procedural matters are decided on by a majority of the votes cast. In all other matters, the Governing Board adopts its own rules of procedure and any other arrangements for the implementation of its activities;
- may assign operational tasks to its Bureau. The Bureau is convened by the Chair of the Governing Board at least once a year.