2019 SOGI Unit Calendar
Round table on Homophobic and Transphobic hate speech and violence
Event organised under the French Presidency of the Committee of Ministers and in parallel with ECRI's (European Commission Against Racism and Intolerance) 25th anniversary.
This event is organised between the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) and the European Governmental LGBTI Focal Point Network. The discussion will constitute a valuable opportunity to discuss ways of combating hate speech and homophobic and transphobic violence, as well as provide an opportunity to make an update on the implementation of the recommendation on this subject. The exchanges will have the following objectives:
- Present and analyse developments regarding the implementation of the Recommendation by Member States until 2018, in comparison with the conclusions of the 2013 review cycle of the implementation of the Recommendation;
- Focus on good practices and achievements in this area;
- Identify key challenges and obstacles;
- Propose key areas for improvement, taking into account the Council of Europe's normative work and future co-operation activities;
- Discuss the recommendations of the report for member states, the Council of Europe and other interested parties.