CoE intervention in the Kyrgyz Republic is based on request from Kyrgyz authorities and dependent predominantly on external funding. Ongoing CoE’s intervention focus on areas related to the quality and efficiency of justice and to constitutional justice (via a country-specific CoE/EU joint programme “Support to the Kyrgyz authorities in improving the quality and efficiency of the Kyrgyz Constitutional justice system”) as well as access to justice and electoral reform (via a regional CoE/EU joint programme “Supporting Constitutional Justice, Access to Justice and Electoral Reform in the Countries of Central Asia”).
“Neighbourhood Co-operation Priorities” document for the Kyrgyz Republic for 2015-2017 approved by the CoE Committee of Ministers on 4 February 2015 identifies a set of priority actions, notably in the field of the Rule of Law and will allow the strengthening of the CoE involvement in the country in the years to come. It is a breakthrough in the region as this is the first comprehensive co-operation document with a country from Central Asia.
- Neighbourhood Co-operation Policy Kyrgyz Republic 2015-2017
- Request for Partner for Democracy status with the Parliamentary Assembly submitted by the Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Conventions of the Council of Europe signed by Kyrgyz Republic
- Adopted opinions by the Venice Commission - Kyrgyz Republic
- EU relations with the Kyrgyz Republic
- Directorate of External Relations of the Council of Europe