The eighteenth in-service training session for judges and prosecutors within SIAC Project was held on 1-3 February 2019 in Antalya with the participation of 109 judges and prosecutors from first and second instance courts (Courts of Appeals); eleven trainer/facilitator judges and prosecutors as well as the representatives of the Ministry of Justice. These training sessions aim to increase the capacities of first instance judges and prosecutors to identify violations of fundamental rights and freedoms and to deliver peer training sessions to nearly 3000 judges and prosecutors before the end of the project.
For each session, the participants were divided into four sub-groups according to their fields of specialisation (civil/ criminal/ administrative judges and prosecutors), addressing the following topics:
- The right to life and the prohibition of torture;
- The right to liberty and security;
- The right to a fair trial;
- The right to property;
- The right to respect for private life and family life;
- Freedom of religion and conscience / expression / assembly and association.
Participants were given certificates at the end of the session.