Internships in the Council of Europe Programme Office in the Russian Federation
Council of Europe Programme Office in the Russian Federation opens call for applications for the traineeship from 30 March to 22 May 2020.
Higher education students in the final year or graduates interested in gaining work experience in Moscow office of the international organisation are invited to participate in the competition.
Purpose of the traineeship:
1. A traineeship enables the trainee to gain a general overview of the Organisation's and Programme office activities, objectives and work.
2. A traineeship gives the trainee the opportunity to supplement the knowledge acquired through his or her studies or work and to put that knowledge to practical use.
3. A traineeship is intended to promote European integration, enabling the trainee to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment where the values of the Council of Europe are respected.
The typical responsibilities given to trainees include:
- administrative assistance in day-to-day tasks (support in organisation of the events, replacement of the Office Assistant during his/her absence, answering incoming calls);
- translation of documents (English/Russian);
- research work, press review, drafting news for the Office web-site;
- drafting documents, letters, processing incoming mail.
- Applicants should have fluent command of Russian, advanced level of English, ability to express themselves and draft properly. Knowledge of French is an advantage;
- Availability to work full-time.
- Applicants are selected among nationals of the Council of Europe member states.
- Trainees must have reached the age of 18 by the beginning of their traineeship.
In order to participate in competition the applicants are required to send the following documents both in Russian and English before 13 March 2020:
- CV maximum in 2 pages (please, use the following forms for CV: Russian, English) ;
- motivation letter.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Traineeship with the Council of Europe in Strasbourg
Join us as a trainee and help defend human rights in Europe!
Twice per year Council of Europe in Strasbourg welcomes young graduates into our organisation as trainees. For them it is a chance to gain valuable experience in a complex multi-cultural and stimulating work environment. For us, we benefit from the enthusiasm, motivation and skills that new graduates bring.
Our traineeships last from eight weeks to five months, and are not remunerated. There are two official traineeship sessions each year (beginning in March and September – see more on the official Council of Europe website for details).