Criminal Investigation Opened Against Journalists for Solidarity Campaign
The Co-Editorship-in-Chief campaign was launched by Özgür Gündem daily on 3 May 2016 for World Press Freedom Day (#WPFD) where up to 16 journalists participated.Requests have been filed for the journalists and trade unionists to testify for articles that are being considered "terrorist propaganda" and an "incitement to crime" which were published whilst they participated in the solidarity campaign.
- Article publiished on Bianet: "Özgür Gündem’s Editors in Chief on Watch; Önderoğlu, Nesin, Korur Fincancı Arrested"
- Statement from EFJ: "Arrest of 3 editor-in-chief in Turkey is unacceptable ! "
- Statement from the AEJ: "AEJ joins Turkish journalists’ united protest against arrests over ‘Editors on duty’ campaign of solidairty"
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urges “quick release” of RSF’s Turkey representative
- Article on the EFJ website on "Turkey must stop feeding its environment of fear for journalists and trade unionists"
- Report published on the Mapping Media Freedom Platform: "Turkey: Investigation opened against journalists for solidarity campaign"