Vijesti Investigative Journalist Olivera Lakić Shot and Injured
Olivera Lakić is known for investigating crime and corruption in Montenegro. This attack is the second attack on the journalist after an earlier incident in 2012 when she was punched in the head multiple times following her reports on alleged illegal dealings involving a tobacco factory. The perpetrator was sentenced to jail and Olivera Lakic was put under police protection for a while.
- Report published on the Mapping Media Freedom platform: "Montenegro: Investigative journalist shot in the leg"
- Statement : "RSF decries threats to investigative journalism in Montenegro"
- Statement by EFJ and IFJ: "Montenegrin investigative journalist Olivera Lakić shot and injured"
- Article published by the Guardian : "Investigative journalist shot and injured in Montenegro "
- Statement by the Trade Union of Media of Montenegro (TUMM): "With dishonorable shot Olivera Lakic was sent a message to stop writing"