At least Twenty TV and Radio Channels Removed from Türksat, the National Satellite Operator
This administrative decision of Türksat, which undermines the public’s right to access information, was done on a direct order from the Government, which cited charges of “spreading terrorist propaganda” and “national security” as reasons for this shutdown.
- Statement from the IPI: “Turkey shutters at least 20 more TV, radio stations”
- Statement from the AEJ: "Turkish media freedom groups publish joint statement denouncing ‘silencing’ of media following the failed coup"
- Statement from the CPJ: "Turkey closes at least 20 TV, radio stations"
- Statement from the EFJ-IFJ: "Turkey: 11 TV channels removed and state of emergency extended"
- Article published by Reuters: "Turkey pulls plug on 20 radio, TV channels in post-coup emergency decree"