The integration of migrants and the impact on it of their acquisition of competence in the language(s) of the host country are a focus for political debate and policy initiatives in a growing number of Council of Europe member states, as is demonstrated by the surveys carried out to date by the Council of Europe.
- Skladno s skupnimi vrednotami in načeli Sveta Evrope države članice podpreti in jim pomagati pri razvijanju jasnih in učinkovitih politik ter pri reviziji obstoječih politik.
- Zagotoviti praktično podporo za učinkovito uresničevanje teh politik.
- Spodbujati dobre prakse in visoko kakovost pri pripravi jezikovnih tečajev in jezikovnega testiranja.
- Državam članicam ponuditi platformo za izmenjavo izkušenj in za razmislek o politiki in praksah na tem področju.
Če povzamemo: namen te spletne strani je ponuditi praktično orodje za zbiranje uporabnih sredstev in dostop do njih. Nastala je s pomočjo skupine strokovnjakov z različnih področij.
Prevod v slovenščino: Ina Ferbežar, članica delovne skupine LAMI (ALTE)
Sections available in several languages
The Language Policy Unit expresses its thanks to the ALTE members (LAMI Group) who contributed the translations of certain sections of the LIAM website, making it possible to create this multilingual version. Translations are available in the following languages: Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian and Slovenian.
The Council of Europe has elaborated standard setting instruments and recommendations which set out the principles governing actions in the migration field. These are complemented by language policy guidelines and reference tools developed to support their effective implementation in an inclusive approach based on shared values and principles.
4th Intergovernmental Conference on “Better Integration Through Learning: Language and knowledge of society policies and learning opportunities for migrants in Council of Europe member states. Strasbourg 16th October 2019
Language Support for adult refugees: a Council of Europe toolkit.
A website in 7 languages: www.coe.int/lang-refugees
LIAM SYMPOSIUM: the publication
The linguistic integration of adult migrants: lessons from research /
L'intégration linguistique des migrants adultes : les enseignements de la recherche
Published by De Gruyter Mouton for the Council of Europe (ISBN 978-3-11-047749-8) as the follow-up of the LIAM Symposium (Strasbourg, 30 March-1 April 2016): Programme and Abstracts of presentations
Bilingual Abstracts are available separately
Survey and Conference
- 4th Intergovernmental Conference on “Better Integration Through Learning: Language and knowledge of society policies and learning opportunities for migrants in Council of Europe member states. Strasbourg 16th October 2019
- Survey 2018 on Language Policies and Language Requirements for Migrants in the Member States
- Provisional Report of the Survey 2018
- Final Report on the 3rd Survey on language policies for the integration of adult migrants (2013)
- Report of the 3rd intergovernmental conference on Quality in the Linguistic Integration of Adult Migrants (LIAM): from values to policy and practice (2013)
Extracts from Council of Europe Conventions, Recommendations and Resolutions concerning Integration of Adult Migrants and Education (1968-2017)