The integration of migrants and the impact on it of their acquisition of competence in the language(s) of the host country are a focus for political debate and policy initiatives in a growing number of Council of Europe member states, as is demonstrated by the surveys carried out to date by the Council of Europe.
- Fornire assistenza agli Stati membri per lo sviluppo di politiche coerenti ed efficaci, anche volte a riesaminare quelle già esistenti, in linea con i valori e i principi condivisi del Consiglio d'Europa.
- Fornire un sostegno concreto per la corretta attuazione delle politiche in tema d’immigrazione.
- Incoraggiare le buone pratiche e l'alta qualità, in particolare nell’erogazione dei corsi di lingua e nella valutazione delle competenze linguistiche.
- Offrire una piattaforma che consenta agli Stati membri di scambiare esperienze e riflettere su politiche e prassi in tale settore.
In sintesi lo scopo di questo sito, sviluppato con l'aiuto di un gruppo di esperti in vari campi, è quello di offrire uno strumento pratico, attraverso cui poter condividere risorse utili in maniera accessibile.
La traduzione è stata curata da: Lorenzo Rocca e Clelia Ciliberto, membri del LAMI Group (ALTE)
Sections available in several languages
The Language Policy Unit expresses its thanks to the ALTE members (LAMI Group) who contributed the translations of certain sections of the LIAM website, making it possible to create this multilingual version. Translations are available in the following languages: Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian and Slovenian.
The Council of Europe has elaborated standard setting instruments and recommendations which set out the principles governing actions in the migration field. These are complemented by language policy guidelines and reference tools developed to support their effective implementation in an inclusive approach based on shared values and principles.
4th Intergovernmental Conference on “Better Integration Through Learning: Language and knowledge of society policies and learning opportunities for migrants in Council of Europe member states. Strasbourg 16th October 2019
Language Support for adult refugees: a Council of Europe toolkit.
A website in 7 languages: www.coe.int/lang-refugees
LIAM SYMPOSIUM: the publication
The linguistic integration of adult migrants: lessons from research /
L'intégration linguistique des migrants adultes : les enseignements de la recherche
Published by De Gruyter Mouton for the Council of Europe (ISBN 978-3-11-047749-8) as the follow-up of the LIAM Symposium (Strasbourg, 30 March-1 April 2016): Programme and Abstracts of presentations
Bilingual Abstracts are available separately
Survey and Conference
- 4th Intergovernmental Conference on “Better Integration Through Learning: Language and knowledge of society policies and learning opportunities for migrants in Council of Europe member states. Strasbourg 16th October 2019
- Survey 2018 on Language Policies and Language Requirements for Migrants in the Member States
- Final report of the 4th Survey (2018)
- Final Report on the 3rd Survey on language policies for the integration of adult migrants (2013)
- Report of the 3rd intergovernmental conference on Quality in the Linguistic Integration of Adult Migrants (LIAM): from values to policy and practice (2013)
Extracts from Council of Europe Conventions, Recommendations and Resolutions concerning Integration of Adult Migrants and Education (1968-2017)