The "Lublin for All" project was implemented by the Lublin Municipal Office in 2012-2014 and brought on increased integration. Together with the Swiss canton Neuchatel, a participatory system of diversity management was built and tested. All the present activities in this area carried out by the Municipality of Lublin are a direct result of the input from the colleagues from the Neuchatel Canton as well as the ICC experts and close cooperation between Lublin and other Polish municipalities, especially Gdańsk. The main activities in the project included:
- Integration Support Group meetings held each month, coordinating activities undertaken by various municipal departments, NGOs and institutions. This initiative will soon be transformed into a Civic Dialogue Commission – a grass root advisory body on local integration policies
- Information and promotion activities, including a website in English and Ukrainian and the creation of a Foreigners Help Desk
- Anti-discrimination projects run by local NGOs
- The Communication Bridge – a project run jointly with the Applied Linguistics Faculty of the Maria Curie-Sklodowska University in Lublin, offering translation services to the staff of the municipality
- Research of inclusion in municipal cultural institutions
A “Mystery shopper” project on the quality of services for foreigners at municipal institutions was implemented. To ensure follow-up and full monitoring of the project, an external expert has evaluated the project throughout, resulting in both an intermediary report and final report with recommendations. The evaluation activities will be re-activated once the Civic Dialogue Commission has been created, with the focus of creating an action plan for future activities and evaluating the activities.
The main institutional partner of the project was the Swiss canton of Neuchatel. Integration support within the project was received from many local stakeholders:
- representatives of different public entities (i.e. various departments of the Municipality, the Municipal Family Support Centre, the Municipal and Provincial Police Departments, the Lublin Province Governor’s Office, cultural institutions and religious organisations)
- representatives of civic society (NGO’s, foundations and associations dealing with integration, migration and matters related to the presence of non-nationals. At present the group consist of dozen of entities who meet on a regular basis.
- other Polish municipalities within the workgroup of on migration and integration the Union of Polish Metropolises
- Council of Europe’s Intercultural Cities Programme