In Donostia/San Sebastian, SOS Racismo develops several educational projects and awareness-raising activities, a good part of which is supported by the municipality, such as:
- The Berdin project, used to identify areas in which discrimination happens, such as housing rentals, labour market, etc.;
- Anti-rumours campaigns and trainings (in cooperation with the municipality), including targeting local police officers;
- Bizilagunak, a yearly initiative aimed at bringing together families (by two, accompanied by a facilitator), to exchange their culture and gastronomy;
- Urretxindorra (mockingbird) project, to mentor youth in need of social support to overpass languages obstacles, social isolation, etc. University students accompany and provide support and advice to these young people during a year (15 pax);
- “Kumunikation”, a project aimed at educating for media literacy;
- Awareness-raising activities addressing the local police and administration officers regarding hate crimes;
- Other actions such as an exhibition about the Holocaust or a project on Islamophobia.
Similarly, SOS Racismo provides support and information for complainants to denounce discrimination, as well as support to specific groups (such as women in care services) to get to know and be able to claim their rights.
The NGO has also an observatory for media treatment on migration and diversity issues (financed by the municipality) with daily updates. Actions, research and publications can be consulted at www.mugak.eu.