Every year, on the occasion of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, 17 October, the Conference of INGOs of the Council of Europe expresses its concern that people living in poverty should have full access to social rights. This year, through the Conference of INGOs transversal working group “Poverty: Inequalities and the Enjoyment of Rights" we will have a special Webinar on the 16th October, from 14:30 to 17:00 (CET time).
The theme chosen for this year's event is "Access to social and medico-social services for ALL: a springboard out of poverty". It was chosen as a clear intention to promote a contribution to the assessment the European Committee of Social Rights (ECSR) will do next year. The ECSR examines a group of articles from the European Social Charter every year through the National Report System. In 2021, the articles that will be under consideration are:
- - Article 3 (the right to safe and healthy working conditions)
- - Article 11 (the right to protection of health)
- - Article 12 (the right to social security)
- - Article 13 (the right to social and medical assistance)
- - Article 14, (the right to benefit from social welfare services)
- - Article 23 or Article 4 of the of the Additional Protocol (the right of elderly persons to social protection), and
- - Article 30 (the right to protection against poverty and social exclusion).
You can find more details here.
And if you would like to know how (I)NGOs can be more involved in the process, you can find more information here.
In order to maximize the impact of the event, we invite all INGOs to share this event through their networks and to call on their views and experiences regarding the enjoyment of these rights across Europe. We would highly welcome such contributions.
In preparation for the Webinar, you can send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also highlight that participants of the Conference's Autumn Session do not need to register for the event. All other interested participants are welcome.
Date: 16 October 2020
Online with English/French Interpretation