The Conference of INGOs is organising two events on 18 October 2021, to mark the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (17 October) and the European Anti-Trafficking Day (18 October).
A ceremony with leading personalities of the Council of Europe will be held outside the Palais de l'Europe from 12h30 - 13h15. Testimonies of persons who have been a victim of trafficking or whose rights to decent work have been denied will be presented.
- Programme of the ceremony
- Address of the Secretary General of the Council of Europe
- Address of the Chairman of the Ministers' Deputies of the Council of Europe
- Address of the President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe
- Address of the President of the European Court of Human Rights
The ceremony will be followed by a webinar that will explore the issue of decent work - articles 1, 2, 3, 4 and 26 of the revised European Social Charter related to: the formality of work; usefulness of work and impact on the environment, respect for the rights and dignity of all persons.
Watch the webinar: