HELP Radicalisation Prevention
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are national training institutions from countries most affected by the phenomenon of Radicalisation Prevention. Target groups: judges, prosecutors, prison and probation officers.
The main aim is:
- General: To improve the criminal justice response in the EU to prevent radicalisation leading to terrorism and violent extremism
- Specific: To increase capacities and mutual trust of primarily justice practitioners dealing with radicalisation prevention through training, inter-agency and cross-border cooperation
The following results are expected:
- Development of a new HELP course on Radicalisation Prevention and at least 4 national adaptations
- Basic module(s) (for all) for consistency and cross-profession
- Specific module for prosecutors and judges (on prison oversight and on gathering and use of evidence in counter-terrorism cases)
- Specific module for prisons and probation staff
- Training of Trainers (ToT) for 12 participants (from 5 EU MS)
- Two cross-border courses launched for 3 EU MS each (for 180 participants)
- Three European Seminars (for 180 participants):
- exchanges on risk assessment tools
- implementation of de-radicalisation actions
- best practices - counseling and development of counter narratives
Seminar on Radicalisation Prevention and cross-border launch on HELP course in Gathering and Use of Evidence in Counter-terrorism cases for EU legal professionals
45 judges, prosecutors, prison and probation staff meet in Strasbourg for the HELP Seminar on Radicalisation Prevention and the cross-border launch of the HELP course on Gathering and Use of Evidence in Counter-terrorism Cases. The joint event, organised under the EU-Council of Europe projects...
Second cross-border launch of the European Union-Council of Europe help course on Radicalisation Prevention for prison and probation staff
Over 100 prison and probation staff from Austria, Belgium and Spain attended the cross-border launch of the European Union-Council of Europe HELP Course on Radicalisation Prevention in Brussels on 27 and 28 May 2019. The event, held in French, started with speeches from representatives of Belgian...
First cross-border launch of the EU-Council of Europe HELP course on Radicalisation Prevention for prison and probation staff
The EU-Council of Europe HELP Course on Radicalisation Prevention was launched in Athens on 2 and 3 May 2019, for over 70 prison and probation staff from Greece, Germany and members of the Confederation of European Probation (CEP), of different nationalities. This is the first time a HELP course...