Welcome to the GRECO website
The fight against corruption high on the forthcoming CM Croatian Chairmanship agenda starting in...
GRECO President addressed the Seminar organised by the European Court of Human Rights on the...
Today, the Council of Europe’s Parliamentary Assembly has asked FIFA and UEFA to take GRECO...
Declaration by Michele NICOLETTI, newly elected President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of EuropeStrasbourg 22/01/2018
"Our battle against political corruption must be relentless", has announced today the newly...
Today, GRECO has published its Fourth Round Compliance report on Romania, as adopted by the...
The Fight against Corruption: a Priority for the Council of Europe
Ever since antiquity, corruption has been one of the most widespread and insidious of social evils. When it involves public officials and elected representatives, it is inimical to the administration of public affairs. Since the end of the 19th century, it has also been seen as a major threat in the private sphere, undermining the trust and confidence which are necessary for the maintenance and development of sustainable economic and social relations. It is estimated that hundreds of billions of Euros are paid in bribes every year. (more)
Members of GRECO Bureau
On Thursday, 29 November 2016, GRECO elected Marin MRČELA (Croatia) as its President and Agnès MAITREPIERRE (France) as its Vice-President. Helena LIŠUCHOVÁ (Czech Republic), Aslan YUSUFOV (Russian Federation), Vita HABJAN BARBORIČ (Slovenia), Ernst GNÄGI (Switzerland), and David MEYER (United Kingdom) have been elected members of the Bureau for the duration of the 5th Evaluation round starting in 2017.
Legal instruments adopted by the Council of Europe
- Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 173)
- Civil Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 174)
- Additional Protocol to the Criminal Law Convention on Corruption (ETS 191)
- Twenty Guiding Principles against Corruption (Resolution (97) 24)
- Recommendation on Codes of Conduct for Public Officials (Recommendation No. R(2000)10)
- Recommendation on Common Rules against Corruption in the Funding of Political Parties and Electoral Campaigns (Recommendation Rec(2003)4)