A delegation comprising four GRECO evaluators (Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, United Kingdom) and two members of the Secretariat visited Nur-Sultan from 7 to 10 September 2021 to carry out the on-site evaluation visit in the framework of the combined First and Second Evaluation Rounds of Kazakhstan. In this combined evaluation, GRECO covers the following topics:
- Independence, specialisation and means available to national bodies engaged in the prevention and fight against corruption;
- Extent and scope of immunities;
- Identification, seizure and confiscation of corruption proceeds;
- Public administration and corruption (auditing systems; conflicts of interest);
- Prevention of legal persons being used as shields for corruption;
- Tax and financial legislation to counter corruption;
- Links between corruption, organised crime and money laundering.
An evaluation report will be drawn up and examined by the GRECO Plenary in 2022.