The Croatian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe (18 May - 21 November 2018) has set support to decentralisation as one of its key priorities.
In this context, and in cooperation with the Centre of Expertise for local government reform, the Croatian Government organised a Conference to discuss and promote legal frameworks, capacity-building tools and data collection in cross-border cooperation in Europe.
The City of Dubrovnik, which is a border municipality itself, hosted this Conference on 25 May 2018.
PANEL 1 Cross-Border Cooperation in the Context of Decentralisation: the added value of Council of Europe legal instruments.
- Mr Nikola Dobroslavić, Member of the European Committee of the Region, Prefect of Dubrovnik-Neretva county, President of Adriatic Ionian Euroregion
- Mr Luis Leite Ramos, MP, Portugal, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Mr Andrej Čokert, Ministry of Public Administration, Slovenia
- Ms Marta Panera Fernandez, CDDG, Ministry of the Presidency and Territorial Administrations, Spain
- Mr Edwin Lefebre, CDDG, Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Flemish Region, Agency for Home Affairs, Belgium
PANEL 2 Cross-Border Cooperation in Practice: how to enhance capacity and strengthen leadership in the management of CBC initiatives
- Ms Ramona Velea, Institute of International Sociology (ISIG), Council of Europe Expert
- Ms Branka Mracevic, Head of Local Development and Investments, Herceg Novi, Montenegro
- Mr Ranko Biberdzic, Leadership Academy Trainer, Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Mr Ervin Erős, Director, Central European Service for Cross-Border Initiatives Balkans - CESCI
- Mr Martin Guillermo-Ramírez, Secretary General, Association of European Border Regions - AEBR
- Mr Tamás Molnár, Head of Unit for Cross-Border Cooperation at the Prime Minister’s Office, Hungary
PANEL 3 Exchanging Good Practice for Effective CBC: the EDEN database experience
- Mr Daniele Del Bianco, Institute of International Sociology (ISIG), Council of Europe Expert
- Mr Alain De Muyser, Vice-Secretary-General of the BENELUX Union
- Mr Jean Peyrony, France, Director General, Mission Opérationnelle Transfrontalière (MOT),
- Ms Monica Tanaka, Denmark, Senior Interreg Expert, Interact Programme, European Commission
- Mr Vladimir Prebilic, Mayor of Kocevje, Slovenia, Congress of Local and Regional Authorities
- Ms Caitriona Mullan, Independent Cross Border Specialist - Ireland/Northern Ireland Border, Ireland