Within the 2018-2019 priorities, the Joint Council on Youth has defined the following more specific focus themes for pilot activities to be supported by the European Youth Foundation in 2018:
1. Access to rights
- Activities promoting critical thinking in the context of young people’s access to information and media consumption
- Initiatives combating gender inequalities and gender-based violence, with a special focus on the vulnerability of young women refugees and migrants
2. Youth participation and youth work
- Activities supporting young people’s political awareness, active citizenship, civil involvement, participation and decision making at local and regional levels
3. Inclusive and peaceful societies
- Activities aiming to strengthen youth NGOs in conflict and post-conflict settings
- Activities contributing to the Council of Europe Action Plan on Building Inclusive Societies, notably those supporting social inclusion and participation/integration strategies for and with young migrants and refugees and involving the local communities
Local projects which meet the EYF quality standards but focus on other issues while still contributing to the 2018-2019 priorities of the youth sector (please refer to the priorities for the Council of Europe’s youth sector for 2018-2019) will also be considered for support.
A pilot activity is an “intervention”, namely an activity addressing a contextual societal challenge affecting young people at local level. It should be based on innovation or on replication of best practices for example. These activities should have clear links to and an impact on the local context, contribute to the Council of Europe youth programme (please refer to the priorities for the Council of Europe’s youth sector for 2018-2019), have a clear youth work dimension and be based on non-formal education principles.
When assessing applications for pilot activities taking place in 2018, the EYF will pay particular attention to activities developed with local authorities or social services/workers, and projects involving young people trained in the European Youth Centres or presented by local NGOs supported by an international/European youth NGO.
The EYF grants for pilot activities are temporary suspended. This programme should resume in January 2018. More details will be provided as soon as possible.