Term of office expires: 4 November 2025
Member since 5 November 2015
Vice-Chair from 22 June 2017 to 31 December 2019
Chair from January 2020
- Postdoctoral research (National Scholarship), on “Humanitarian space discourse in the 21st century: legal framework for an effective and safe humanitarian action”, published I. Sideris, 2012.
- Ph.D. in International Law (“International responsibility for violations of international humanitarian law: state and individual responsibility in motion”), 2004.
- Assistant Professor of International Law, International Humanitarian Law and Humanitarian Action, Panteion University of Social and Political Studies, Athens, since 2008.
- Member of the Comité pour le Concours Jean Pictet (www.concourspictet.org), since 2003.
- Alternate Director, European Training and Research Centre on Human Rights and Humanitarian Action, Panteion University of Social and Political Studies, since 2000.
- Consultant on International Humanitarian Law, Hellenic Red Cross, since 2000.
- Professor of International Law, National Defence School and the Police National Security Academy.
- Trainer of secondary school teachers, as well as of NGO volunteers and staff on the principles of humanitarian action.
Work at national level
- Member of the National Committee for Human Rights, 2009-2012.
- Counsellor of Greece before the International Court of Justice in the case on Jurisdictional Immunities of the State (Italy v. Germany, Greece intervening), 2011-2012.
- Legal Advisor of the Interministerial Committee for the Implementation of Humanitarian Law in Greece, working on a compatibility study of the Greece’s international humanitarian law obligations, 1999-2005.
Work at international level
- Member of the Greek Delegation in the United Nations Preparatory Commission for the adoption of the International Criminal Law Statute, 2000-2002.
- Protection Delegate of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Sri Lanka, 1997-1999.
- Elections observer, ODIHR/OSCE in Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1996-1997.
- Assistant researcher, UNHCR-Greece, 1995-1996.
Numerous publications on state responsibility for serious violations of international law; war crimes; crimes against humanity and genocide, as well as on humanitarian law and action; human rights and refugee and migration protection (for more information see https://panteion.academia.edu/DaniellaMarouda).