ECRI held its 80th plenary meeting from 10 to 13 December 2019 in Strasbourg.
During its December plenary meeting, ECRI notably held an exchange of views with representatives of the European Court of Human Rights, adopted draft country reports and its very first final sixth-round country reports (Belgium, Germany and Switzerland). In the light of its Roadmap to Effective Equality, it set up working groups on the fight against antisemitism and on combating discrimination and intolerance towards Muslims. ECRI also discussed its future work on LGBTI issues and its contribution to the revision of the Charter for European Political Parties for a non-racist society.
ECRI held elections to the posts of the Chair, two Vice-Chairs and two Bureau members. The following ECRI members were elected:
- Chair: Ms Maria Daniella Marouda (member in respect of Greece) for two years;
- 1st Vice-Chair: Mr Michael Farrell (member in respect of Ireland) for one year;
- 2nd Vice-Chair: Ms Domenica Ghidei Biidu (member in respect of the Netherlands) for one year;
- Bureau member: Ms Tena Šimonović Einwalter (ECRI member in respect of Croatia) for two years;
- Bureau member: Mr Michael Whine (ECRI member in respect of the United Kingdom) for two years.
ECRI’s Bureau (as from 1 January 2020). From left to right: Cristian Jura, Tena Šimonović Einwalter, Michael Whine, Volodymyr Kulyk, Maria Daniella Marouda, Domenica Ghidei Biidu and Michael Farrell.
Chairs of ECRI. From left to right: Jean-Paul Lehners (2018-2019), Maria Daniella Marouda (2020-2021) and Christian Ahlund (2014-2017).