The official selection for the 72nd edition of the Cannes Film festival was unveiled on 18 April with already 5 films supported by the Eurimages Fund:
- Le jeune Ahmed by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne (BE, FR)
- Atlantique by Mati Diop (FR, SN, BE)
- Little Joe by Jessica Hausner (AT, UK, DE)
- The Whistlers by Corneliu Porumboiu (RO, FR, DE) and
- It Must Be Heaven by Elie Suleiman (FR, DE, CA, TR)
Two other co-productions supported by the Fund are selected in the section Un Certain Regard:
- The Swallows of Kabul by Zabou Breitman and Eléa Gobé Mévellec (FR, LU, CH) and
- A Sun That Never Sets by Oliver Laxe (ES, FR, LU).
And two co-productions supported by Eurimages are selected at the Critics' Week:
- Nuestras Madres by César Diaz (BE, FR) and
- Vivarium by Lorcan Finnegan (IE, BE, DK).
Another film supported by the Fund, Parwareshgah (The Orphanage) by Shahrbanoo Sadat, a co-production between Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg and France, is in the official selection of the Directors’ Fortnight which has been announced this day. Finally, the documentary Solo (FR, CZ, AR, AT) by Artemio Benki, also supported by Eurimages, has been selected in the 26th edition of ACID.
The Eurimages team will be on the stand 108 of the International Village during the entire period of the Film Market (14-25 May 2019).