The Council of Europe Data Protection Unit is currently looking for experts in the data protection field. A wide variety of profiles and expertise, technical and legal, are needed to uphold human rights and freedom of expression protection, in Europe and beyond. Expertise is requiered in respect of
- Convention 108 and Convention 108+
- Data protection principles: lawfulness, fairness, transparency, accountability, data protection measures (privacy by default, privacy by design) and more.
- New technologies: Blockchain, Cloud computing, Edge computing, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Internet of things, 5G, algorithm bias, smart cities.
- Data Security: cybersecurity, national security and defense, mass surveillance, facial recognition, data profiling, border control or law enforcement.
- Legal and Policy: monitoring of compliance and implementation in national and international law. Development programmes and political strategies.
- International data transfers from a legal and technical perspective.
- Sensitive data: health records and science, racial or ethnic origin, genetic and biometric information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation.
- Sport data: anti-doping and sports manipulation.
- Child’s personal data
- Data Economy: marketing data strategies or Fintech.
The present call aims to create a pool of experts that will identify and study the new emerging challenges and threats to the individuals’ personal data, in line with the Convention 108 and Convention 108+ effective implementation of values and principles.
The Council of Europe is engaged in work providing recommendations and legal instruments, guidelines, reports, to inform and guide policy makers, private companies and the civil society about the impacts of the diversification, intensification, digitalisation and globalisation of personal data processing and flows, to guarantee human rights and fundamental freedoms.
A call for experts, a call for cooperation, a call for the construction of the international personal data protection framework based on human rights protection!
Experts are invited to submit their application (letter of interest and CV).