On 28th February – 1st March 2019, the Bureau of the Governing Board of the Enlarged Partial Agreement held its meeting at the Cultural Centre of Neumünster Abbey, Luxembourg. Members of the Bureau gathered to discuss the evaluation cycle 2018-2019 for the regular evaluation of 10 certified Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe and the evaluation of new candidates for certification in preparation for the Governing Board meeting of 10-11 April.
The 10 certified Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe under regular evaluation (2018-2019 cycle) are:
- Routes of the Olive Tree
- Roman Emperors and Danube Wine Route
- In the footsteps of Robert Louis Stevenson
- Viking Routes
- European route of Jewish Heritage
- Cluniac sites in Europe
- Via Regia
- Destination Napoleon
- The European routes of Emperor Charles V
8 candidate Routes are under evaluation:
- The European Route of Industrial Heritage
- Le Corbusier Destinations: Architectural Promenades
- Iron Curtain Trail
- Route of Reformation
- Liberation Route Europe
- Cyril and Methodius Route
- Héloïse, European Pedagogues Route
- Places of Peace.
The meeting was also the opportunity to exchange news on the 2019 Annual Advisory Forum on Cultural Routes that will take place in Sibiu, Romania on 2-4 October 2019.