Reservations and Declarations for Treaty No.188 - Additional Protocol to the Anti-Doping Convention
Declarations in force as of today
Status as of 25/03/2018
Republic of MoldovaDeclaration contained in the instrument of ratification deposited with the Secretary General on 27 January 2009 – Or. Engl.
Until the full re-establishment of the territorial integrity of the Republic of Moldova, the provisions of the Protocol will be applied only on the territory controlled effectively by the authorities of the Republic of Moldova.
Period covered: 01/05/2009 -
Articles concerned : -
SpainDeclaration contained in a Note verbale from the Permanent Representation of Spain handed over to the Deputy Secretary General of the Council of Europe at the time of the signature of the instrument, on 5 November 2015 - Or. Engl./Fr., and confirmed in the instrument of ratification deposited on 19 July 2017 - Or. Fr./Sp.
The Permanent Representation of the Kingdom of Spain has the honour to communicate that, in the event that the Additional Protocol to the Anti-Doping Convention were to be ratified and extended by the United Kingdom to Gibraltar, Spain would like to make the following declaration:
1. Gibraltar is a non-autonomous territory whose international relations come under the responsibility of the United Kingdom and which is subject to a decolonisation process in accordance with the relevant decisions and resolutions of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
2. The authorities of Gibraltar have a local character and exercise exclusively internal competences which have their origin and their foundation in a distribution and attribution of competences performed by the United Kingdom in compliance with its internal legislation, in its capacity as sovereign State on which the mentioned non-autonomous territory depends.
3. As a result, the eventual participation of the Gibraltarian authorities in the application of this Additional Protocol will be understood as carried out exclusively as part of the internal competences of Gibraltar and cannot be considered to modify in any way what was established in the two previous paragraphs.
4. The process provided for by the Arrangements relating to Gibraltar authorities in the context of certain international treaties which have been adopted by Spain and the United Kingdom on 19 December 2007 (jointly with the "Agreed Arrangements relating to Gibraltar authorities in the context of EU and EC instruments and related treaties", dated 19 April 2000) applies to this Additional Protocol to the Anti-Doping Convention.
5. The application of this Additional Protocol to Gibraltar should not be interpreted as an acknowledgment of any right or any situation regarding areas not covered by Article X of the Treaty of Utrecht of 13 July 1713, concluded between the Crowns of Spain and of the United Kingdom.
Period covered: 01/11/2017 -
Articles concerned : -