Reservations and Declarations for Treaty No.127 - Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
Nature of declaration : Declarations, Denunciations, Derogations
Status as of 21/08/2019
IcelandDeclaration contained in a Note verbale from the Permanent Mission of Iceland to the OECD, dated 26 October 2011, registered at the Secretariat General of the OECD on 28 October 2011 - Or. Engl.
In accordance with Article 2, paragraph 3, of the Convention, Iceland declares that Annex A to the Convention has been changed as follows:
ANNEX A – Taxes to which the Convention would apply:
Article 2, paragraph 1.a.i:
- the income tax to the state (tekjuskattar ríkissjóðs),
- the special tax on petroleum income (sérstakur skattur á kolvetnisvinnslu),
Article 2, paragraph 1.a.ii:
Article 2, paragraph 1.a.iii:
- the net wealth tax (auðlegðarskattur),
Article 2, paragraph 1.b.i:
- the income tax to the municipalities (útsvar til sveitarfélaganna),
Article 2, paragraph 1.b.ii:
- social security tax (tryggingagjald),
- contribution to the construction fund for the elderly (gjald í framkvæmdasjóð aldraðra),
Article 2, paragraph 1.b.iii:
A. inheritance tax (erfðafjárskattur),
B. - -
C. value added tax (virðisaukaskattur),
D. excise duties on: (vörugjöld):
- carbondioxide charge on mineral oils and petrol (kolefnisgjald),
- national broadcasting charge (útvarpsgjald),
E. annual tax on motor vehicles (bifreiðagjald),
special charge on heavy vehicles (kílómetragjald),
F. market charge (markaðsgjald),
G. stamp duty (stimpilgjald),
charge on ship (skipagjöld),
lighthouse charge (vitagjald),
Article 2, paragraph 1.b.iv:
- municipal property tax (fasteignagjöld),
- planning charge (skipulagsgjald).
The Convention will continue to apply to taxes which have been repealed as long as the taxes remain enforceable and collectible, for taxes prior to the repeal until the statute of limitation has elapsed.
Period covered: 01/02/2012 -
Articles concerned : 2
Declaration transmitted by a Note Verbale from the Permanent Delegation of Iceland to the OECD to the Secretariat General of the OECD on 12 December 2018 - Or. Engl.
Declaration on the effective date for exchanges of information under the Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement on the Exchange of Country-by-Country reports.
Period covered: 12/12/2018 -
Articles concerned : 28