Reservations and Declarations for Treaty No.108 - Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data
Nature of declaration : Declarations, Denunciations, Derogations
Status as of 15/10/2018
NetherlandsDeclaration made at the time of the deposit of the instrument of ratification on 10 February 1988 - Or. Fr.
Pursuant to Article 3, second paragraph, under a. of the Convention, the Kingdom of the Netherlands (for the Kingdom in Europe) declares that :
I. The Convention shall not apply to the following personal data files :
-personal data files which are by their nature intended for personal or domestic use;
-personal data files kept exclusively for public information purposes by the press, radio or television;
- books and other written publications, or index systems pertaining to them;
- personal data files kept in archive repositories designated for that purpose by law;
- personal data files which are established and to which public access is required by law;
- personal data files kept for the purpose of implementing the Elections Act; ("Kieswet");
II. The Convention shall as yet not apply to the following personal data files :
- personal data files established under or pursuant to the Criminal Records and Certificates of Good Behaviour Act ("Wet op de justitiële documentatie en op de verklaringen omtrent het gedrag");
- personal data files established pursuant to the Population and Residence Registers Act ("Wet bevolkings - en verblijfsregisters");
- the central register of students in higher education, established under the University Education Act, the Higher Vocational Education Act and the Open University Act ("Wet op het wetenschappelijk onderwijs, Wet op het hoger beroepsonderwijs, Wet op de open universiteit"); and
- files of registered vehicle registration marks and of issued driving licences, established pursuant to the Road Traffic Act ("Wegenverkeerswet").
Period covered: 01/12/1996 -
Articles concerned : 3
Declaration contained in a letter from the Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, dated 13 October 2000, transmitted by the Permanent Representation and registered at the Secretariat General on 2 November 2000 - Or. Engl.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands accepts the amendments of the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data, adopted at Strasbourg on 15 June 1999, for the Kingdom in Europe.
Articles concerned : 21