Reservations and Declarations for Treaty No.104 - Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife and Natural Habitats
Nature of declaration : Reservations
Status as of 17/04/2021
UkraineReservations contained in the instrument of ratification deposited on 5 January 1999 - Or. Engl.
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine declares that Ukraine has become a party of the Convention, with reservations as follows:
1. It is allowed in Ukraine, in restricted number and under conditions of relevant control, towards such species mentioned in Appendix II to the Convention:
- spot regulation of number of Canis lupus and ursus arctos with a view to prevent their negative influence on other species, serious harm to livestock and other objects of property;
- exploitation of Gallinago media because of its big number and diffusion.
2. It is allowed to use the following means and methods of killing, capture and other forms of exploitation, mentioned in Appendix IV to the Convention:
- snares and nets - for catching mammals and birds, mentioned in Appendix III, with scientific purpose and migration;
- traps - for exploitation of Canis lupus, mentioned in Appendix II; Marmota marmota bobac, Castor fiber, Putorius(Mustela) putorius, Martes martes, Martes foina, mentioned in Appendix III to the Convention.
Period covered: 05/01/1999 -
Articles concerned : 22