The Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe will participate in round table discussions and hold several high-level meetings with the Belarusian authorities in Minsk on 29-30 April 2019.
The President of the Congress, Anders KNAPE, will meet the President of the Republic of Belarus Alexander LUKASHENKO, the President of the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly Mikhail MYASNIKOVICH, as well as Vasily PANASYUK, Chairman of the Minsk City Council of Deputies, on 29 April.
On 29 and 30 April, Congress members and experts will participate in a round table and a meeting of the Council on Cooperation of Local Self-Government Authorities under the Council of Republic of the National Assembly of Belarus, both devoted on “Improving the legislation of the Republic of Belarus on self-government issues”. The participants will discuss the situation of local self-government in Belarus, in the light of the European Charter of Local Self-Government, and the functioning of associations of local and regional authorities.
The Congress members and experts will share the experience of their respective countries in the implementation of domestic self-government laws, as well as regarding the role and contribution of the associations of local and regional authorities to improving the local self-government system and legislation.
Members of the delegation:
- KNAPE Anders, President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, President of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions
- HELGESEN Gunn Marit, President of the Chamber of Regions of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe, President of the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities
- PREBILIC Vladimir, Congress member and member of the Board of the Association of Municipalities and Towns of Slovenia
- MELUA David, former member of the Congress’ Group of Independent Experts on the European Charter of Local Self-Government, Executive Director of the National Association of Local Authorities of Georgia
- PORAWSKI Andrzej, Executive Director of the Association of Polish Cities
- RABOSHUK Yaroslav, Deputy Director of the Association of Ukrainian Cities
- BOZOULS Jean-Philippe, Director of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities