The Steering Committee on Anti-Discrimination, Diversity and Inclusion (CDADI) steers the Council of Europe’s intergovernmental work to promote equality for all and build more inclusive societies that offer adequate protection from discrimination and hate and where diversity is respected.
02 Dec 2022 16:06:00Strasbourg 1 December 2022
Steps national parliaments can take to ensure effective support measures for individuals and...
02 Dec 2022 15:49:00
UN Internet Governance Forum explores how to implement Council of Europe Recommendation on Combating Hate SpeechAddis Ababa Ethiopia 30 November 2022
Representative of national authorities, civil society organisations and Internet businesses...
01 Dec 2022 17:48:00Strasbourg 1 December 2022
The CDADI held its sixth plenary meeting from 29 November - 1 December 2022 in Strasbourg. During...
28 Nov 2022 09:38:00Strasbourg 28 November 2022
From 29 November to 1 December 2022, the members, participants and observers of the Committee on...
25 Oct 2022 16:29:00Strasbourg 27 October 2022
Right to life, security and protection from violence, and combating hate crime based on sexual...
- The Steering Committee on Anti-Discrimination, Diversity and Inclusion (CDADI) was set up by the Committee of Ministers in 2019 to promote equality for all and build more inclusive societies, offering effective protection from discrimination and hate and where diversity is respected.
- The CDADI advises the Committee of Ministers on all questions within its mandate, including preventing and combating hate speech and discrimination on grounds of “race”, colour, language, religion, national/ethnic origin, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity; fighting anti-Gypsyism and improving the effective participation and inclusion of Roma and Travellers in society; safeguarding the rights of persons belonging to national minorities and the use of regional or minority languages; and promoting intercultural integration.
- The CDADI promotes and facilitates thematic exchanges and peer reviews of experience and good practice to develop common policy responses to the many challenges related to increasing discrimination and hate in our societies.
- The CDADI follows up relevant decisions taken at the 131st Session of the Committee of Ministers (Hamburg, 21 May 2021), and in particular contributes to the implementation of the key strategic priorities relating to its specific field of expertise as identified in the Strategic Framework of the Council of Europe, and responds to the respective key findings and challenges set out in the Secretary General’s 2021 Report on the state of democracy, human rights and rule of law “A democratic renewal for Europe”.
- Mid-term review report on the implementation of the Strategic Action Plan for Roma and Traveller Inclusion (2020-2025) (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Draft comprehensive Recommendation on combating hate crime including its investigation and victim support (cf. terms of reference of PC/ADI-CH, jointly with CDPC)
- Draft Recommendation on active political participation of national minority youth
- Draft Recommendation on equality for Roma and Traveller women and girls (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Capacity-building programme and tools supporting the implementation of CM/Rec(2020)2 at national level (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Study the impact of artificial intelligence systems, their potential for promoting equality – including gender equality - and the risks they may cause in relation to non-discrimination (jointly with GEC) in close co-operation with CAI
- Subject to the adoption of a Recommendation on combating hate speech, review of promising practices at national level of the implementation of relevant aspects of the Recommendation within its mandate (in co-operation with CDMSI)
- Subject to the result of main deliverable 6, possible specific legal instrument on the impact of artificial intelligence systems, their potential for promoting equality – including gender equality - and the risks they may cause in relation to non-discrimination (cf. terms of reference of GEC/ADI-AI jointly with GEC and in close cooperation with CAI)
- Subject to the adoption of a Recommendation on multilevel policies and governance for intercultural integration, capacity-building programme and tools for migrant integration supporting its implementation at national level (Cf. terms of reference of ADI-INT)
- Feasibility study and possible draft Recommendation on desegregation and inclusion policies and practices in the field of education including Roma and Traveller children (Cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Draft Recommendation on the equality of rights of intersex persons
- Feasibility study and possible new legal and/or benchmarking instrument on comprehensive strategies for inclusion (cf. terms of reference of ADI-INT)
- Comprehensive review of the implementation of Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)5 based on a new review methodology
- Subject to the adoption of a Recommendation on combating hate speech, review report on the implementation of relevant aspects of the Recommendation (jointly with CDMSI)
- Study on recurrent problematic areas in the field of regional or national minority language protection and identification of good practices in member States
- Study on the risk of discrimination and impediments to the full access to rights resulting from statelessness, including of persons belonging to national minorities and Roma and Travellers, and identification of good practices in member States Handbook on democratic governance and representation and participation of Roma and Travellers in public and political life (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Final evaluation report on the implementation of the Strategic Action Plan for Roma and Traveller Inclusion (2020-2025) (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)
- Review of thematic dimensions of Recommendation CM/Rec(2010)5
- At least two thematic reports per year, emanating from the two, possibly three, thematic visits foreseen per year (to be adopted by ADI-ROM and transmitted to CDADI for discussions and follow-up) (cf. terms of reference of ADI-ROM)